Accepting Resumes for Summer 2022.
We have 8-10 openings for this position spread out among our offices. Please specify which office you are looking to work out of.
Position Summary: ENGEO 360° is a comprehensive summer internship program designed for talented university students to explore many facets of a professional technical consulting career in a dynamic, empowering environment. We give our interns a perspective of geotechnical, geoenvironmental, hydrologic, and geologic engineering consulting.
This office internship will expose the interns to interrelated aspects of engineering, laboratory, and field experience. Must have stellar communication skills (speaking/writing) and computer knowledge. Must be able to transport 50 lbs, be drug-free, have access to a vehicle, and a clean driving record.
Minimum Requirements: Must have completed Junior year and taken a soils class.
Preferred candidates will have earned a BS degree majoring in Civil Engineering and going into a Geotechnical Emphasis Master’s Program. Must be in good academic standing.
- Provide a meaningful learning experience for talented students
- Experience a leading engineering consulting firm
- Make great contacts with a number of talented mentors
- Find out what makes ENGEO unique
- You will directly report to servant leader; will work with technical staff
- You will be assigned a mentor
- You will be asked to complete a goals and expectations sheet
- You will have weekly group check-ins with other interns
Laboratory (3 to 5 days) – in one of our 4 Lab Locations - San Ramon, Lathrop, Rocklin, or Valencia
- GOAL: Expand understanding of construction materials properties; increase familiarity with standard testing procedures.
- Work with ENGEO laboratory operations systems
- Assist with laboratory tests, including:
- Compaction curves
- Atterberg limits
Field (as scheduled TBD on availability)
- GOAL: Observe performance and natural state of earth materials; understand how designs are implemented in field; gain appreciation for large-scale construction projects.
- Attend Nuclear Gauge Training - online and onsite
- Perform basic tasks
- Well monitoring and observation, site visits and staking, sampling, courier samples
- Assist/”shadow” staff in more complex tasks
- Drilling, phase I ESAs, field mapping, fault trenching
- Goal: Put it together…Synthesize knowledge of construction materials on “micro” and “macro” scale into engineering analysis and design
- Depending on knowledge base, assist technical staff in a variety of roles
- Drafting, calculations, cross-sections, developing lab programs, boring logs, report preparation
- As appropriate, client engagements and meetings
- You are part of the family! – Events - picnics, barbecues, informal social outings
- Intern workshop and team event - in the corporate office - San Ramon
- Wrap up session
Who We Are
ENGEO strives to create a positive, family-oriented, and innovative environment, where employees are engaged and excellence-driven. As an ENGEO team member, you will have access to mentorships, international opportunities, fun social events, and generous benefit packages. Here, you’ll receive exposure to a wide variety of projects, help to serve those around you, and drive business success.
to learn why we are listed in 2020’s Top 10 Best Workplaces in the Bay Area by Great Places to Work.
What We Do
Founded in 1971, ENGEO is an employee-owned firm of approximately 300+ geotechnical and civil engineers, geologists, hydrologists, water resources engineers, environmental scientists, and construction-phase field representatives. ENGEO serves a diverse range of clients and projects and has offices located throughout California, Nevada, New Zealand, and Australia.?
We appreciate your interest in ENGEO.