The Summer Intern assists with calculations, system design, equipment selections, reports, progress submittals and BIM instructions for their project to assure project completeness and accuracy within the allocated period of time and monetary budget. All of these are done in accordance with IMEG design standards.
- Assist with design portions of a project related to discipline systems according to code and IMEG standards;
- Assist with researching resources for commercially available equipment;
- Assist with good client relations, project design notebook, and provide documentation for permanent record files;
- Assist with coordinating design and schedule with other disciplines such as architectural, structural, electrical, mechanical, technology, clerical and equipment suppliers;
- Assist with documenting design decisions, meetings, and instructions from client promptly while monitoring project design progress;
- Assist with review of all project documents for accuracy and completeness prior to requesting a final check;
- Assist with preparation and issuance of addendum information;
- Conduct periodic job site observations and all other services as required by the contract services agreement;
- Other duties assigned by the employer.
- Strong interest in design consulting.
- Skill in the use of Microsoft Office programs, CAD software and BIM;
- Ability to clearly communicate in both oral and written communication to individuals or groups.
Education and Experience
- Completed Sophomore year towards Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field.
- Prior internship experience with building systems design and/or knowledge of construction techniques a plus.
- Regularly required to sit, walk, stand, talk, see, hear, and lift objects up to 25 pounds.
- Occasionally required to drive, kneel, stoop, crouch, crawl, reach with hands or arms, and grasp or pull.
- Will have limited exposure to outside weather conditions and loud noises
IMEG Corp., an employee owned corporation, is committed to investing in employees’ futures through structured programs including formal mentoring, opportunities for career advancement and professional development. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including generous PTO, flexible schedule, and assistance with tuition reimbursement. Additionally, employees are eligible to enroll in health, dental, vision, and life insurance on their first day of employment.