Our co-op and intern program offers eligible college students an opportunity to alternate sessions of work and school with the added benefit of graduating with relevant work experience. Working in a variety of locations throughout the U.S. allows exposure to diverse work groups while providing invaluable leadership experience.
- This position provides a variety of hands on experience and training needed to become an effective, well-rounded Heavy Civil Construction by exposure to both technical and administrative duties.
- This is an onsite "in person" internship. We suggest not be enrolled in classes during this time but must be enrolled in a University.
- This internship is onsite work, FULL TIME 45+ hours a week.
This opportunity will last from approximately May 2022-August 2022 (flexible on the start date and end dates, but we require at least 16-18 weeks at the internship).
Internship project opportunities this Spring include: Los Angeles, Louisiana, Tampa and Washington (4 of 4 internship spots available)
Typical responsibilities require applying critical engineering and management thinking which includes: estimating, design, scheduling, compliance review, procurement, surveying, production tracking, change order preparation, material testing and analysis, and cost report management. We are seeking professionals who are committed to safety, quality, and productivity.
- Apply critical engineering and management thinking
- Assist in development and implementation of safety plans
- Conduct site audits and material testing and analysis
- Perform inventory checks, daily field engineering tests, and cost analyses
- Complete change order preparations and production tracking
- Assist with drawings (method/field) estimating, scheduling, and surveying
- Support with procurement and quality assurance reviews
- Maintaining files and records, copying, and scanning
- Process charts/graphs, designs, and proposals
- Assume additional responsibilities as directed
Skills & Qualifications:
- Candidate must be currently enrolled in Civil Engineering, Construction Engineering & Management, or other related program at the time of their internship, as well as having completed their sophomore year
- Candidates should possess leadership potential, be problem-solvers, and be able to make decisions in a fast-paced environment
- AutoCAD experience preferred
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use their hands and fingers to handle, feel objects, tools, or manipulate controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and construction equipment; in high, precarious places; and in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risk of electrical shock where employee must utilize the proper personal protective equipment and/or other safeguards for their protection. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high.